As of Thursday, Mission Health says its contract with Blue Cross has expired and "essentially all Mission Health physicians and facilities are now out-of-network providers with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina."
Blue Cross Blue Shield emailed the following response:
“Due to Mission Health’s decision to terminate our contract, as of midnight tonight they will become the only hospital system in the state that doesn’t accept Blue Cross NC coverage. We hope that Mission Health will work with us on a new contract that helps slow rising health care costs.”
Shortly after midnight, Mission Health released the following statement in a press release:
"Sadly, our contract expired without negotiations ever occurring because BCBSNC simply refused to speak with Mission Health about a new contract. Important exceptions to Mission Health being out of network include:"
· Emergency care, which always remains in network regardless of our network status with
· Blue Cross Federal employees who will remain in network until November 16th;
· Care for patients with certain conditions who qualify for Continuity of Care;
· Care for patients whose care would otherwise be unduly delayed because of a lack of access
to physicians or facilities without Mission Health;
· CarePartners physical therapy services, which go out of network on March 3, 2018; and
· Services related to Blue Cross Medicare Supplement health plans.
Blue Cross NC provider information is available at bcbsnc.com/findadoctor. For insurance information: www.bcbsnc.com/wnc or call 1-800-446-8053.
Mission has set up the following website with information on the dispute: www.standwithmission.org. Patient questions? Call 828-417-0480